My website is now responsive!
This website is now responsive! I spent my free time for a couple of months studying some HTML5, some CSS3 properties, but mainly on how to create a responsive website. From wikipedia:
Responsive web design is an approach to web design in which a site is crafted to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices.
So, the result is this post you are reading right now! And some of the benefits, characteristics and discoveries are:
- Load time decreased for half of the normal it was before;
- It’s not working how it should on Android devices;
- It’s loading perfectly on Apple devices and computers, and with some minor issues on Playstation 3;
- I didn’t like any of the available framework available and opted for doing everything from scratch, also as an opportunity for learning;
- CSS3 is still not well supported (the first time I heard about it was on 2004);
- Most of the “trash” on a WordPress blog come from plugins;
- Twitter and Facebook social plugins are terrible for responsive layouts.
I consider this project as a way for learning and I think it achieved everything I was expecting with my first responsive webdesign attempt. In the next couple of week I will release my second project and let you know about it.
If you have any feedback or want to talk about the idea, feel free to contact me.
Seja o primeiro a comentar neste post!